New Clowns swimming vertically?

jay0705

Lol no. Week days I only feed after wrk. So between 4pm and 8pm. Weekends iam home more so usually around 10am and then around 6pm.

BanditMan15

Do you think I should wait to get a companion for him and an anenmone? Wait and see if there is actual ich in tank? I barley see white spots on goby's. Or should I take out all 6 fish and treat them?

lmforbis

If it were me, I'd treat all the fish now. Ich is cyclic. The fish only show spots when the parasite is attached to them. When it leaves the fish it begins reproducing then the whole thing starts over but worse because there are many times more parasites and the fish are weakened already.

You need a mature tank, many say a year old, for an anemone. They also need a ton of light of the right wavelength. You will need special lights if you want to keep an anemone.

You won't want to put any more fish in the tank until it has been fallow for a while, I think 12 weeks is normal. After this the ich parasite should be gone. As long as you quarantine each new fish for 4 - 6 weeks before you add them to the tank you should be able to keep it away.

jay0705

6-8 wks fallow. R u sure its ich? Ich rarely disappears in a day or 2. Its usually visible atleast 5-7 days.

jay0705

Test it. Any ammonia is bad. Nitrate, nitrite, in low or zero levels your good. Bc you now have fish in the tank. You should have some nitrates or nitrite. Very low ammonia maybe, if so do small water change.

BanditMan15

Great just checked and looks good ... But again I have strips I have ordered other kit ... Why don't people like API test kits?

BanditMan15

Ok thanks jay... And everyone who helped I have tank up and running so far so good all damsels, gobys, and clown are eating and free from ich..... Thanks yall

BanditMan15

Jay couple more questions... I'm into like week 4 I believe in new tank. What about water changes? How often? What's best way? Buy it already mixed in 5 gal containers?

jay0705

I mix my own. A 5 gal of salt only costs me about $36. That lasts me like 6 months. Now how often depends. You can do small more frequent changes or larger less frequent changes. I do about 5 gal a week. This is not alot , my combined tanks are 160 gallons. So usually once a month or 2 I will do A 5 gal per tank. Again not alot , but it works for me.
To mix it I use a 5 gal empty salt bucket , w power head, water and salt. Let it churn at least 24hrs