It's finally time...

Dflo

To get the 220 up and going. Here are a few pics of what got done this evening/tonight. Tank was running for over 3 years with previous owner. It was sitting in storage for about 6 weeks. I re did all the plumbing and new bulk heads. Cleaned the glass with vinegar and pretty happy with how it turned out. This will be a FOWLR tank with a blue spot sting ray in the future. Sand and water will hopefully go in tomorrow if all the plumbing has no leaks. Any recommendations on aquascaping is appreciated

deejeff0442

Nice set up.i dont like to mix the water and salt in the display. It will.settle in the rock plus get a film you have to keep.scraping off the glass.i wouldnt do the ray he will out grow that tank.we had a couple people here that had one and had to get rid of them.they also had 225 gallon tanks.although they get pretty friendly and you can hand feed them.

deejeff0442

Oops.just looked at the pic again might be the sand being cloudy.i like to run a sock on a tank for a couple days changing it a few time to speed up the cloud

Dflo

Yeah it's just the sand clouding the water up. Water was pre mixed. It will be a while on ray if do one. Will finish water tom when get off. Have power heads running for now to keep water moving

Dflo

all water and sand is in. Pumps and all running, No signs of any leaks. If everything still looks good tom will put canopy back on and hook up lights. Watching water params as well since tank wasn't running for about 5-6 weeks. The live sand is brand new and the rocks were kept in a trash can with powerhead running. Hopefully won't take long to be ready for fish but want to make sure

pegasus

If the rocks didn't suffer very much die-off, it shouldn't take long at all. Keep in mind that new live sand has the capacity to suppress ammonia spikes, so you may not see that phase. Def want to keep an eye out for trites...

Dflo

I will finish moving into new place over the next few days. Waiting till very end to move other tanks already up. I probably will go ahead and take the fish that I already have that are going into the 220 into the two qt tanks I have just to make sure and be safe

pegasus

Lol... I love the stools! It's ironic, because my wife made me buy a swivel stool so she can sit in front of our tank. Too funny...

Dflo

lol still unpacking stuff from the move just had them out the way at the time. Is a good idea to have in front of tank though lol

Dflo

Looks like cycle has finished 8.2 ph 0 ammonia 0 nitrate and 0 nitrite. Going to wait a few more days to make sure stays consistent to be on safe side. I did come across a Harlequin tusk at a great price and couldn't pass up. He is in qt now and doing good, very active and eating like a pig

Dflo

Just did a water change and letting everything settle and will take pics. So far fish in there are Blue Hippo, Achilles tang, Spanish hog, female Blue Jaw trigger, Niger Trigger. Harlequin jumped out through back the other night unfortunately so have a screen up on back side of canopy so that doesn't happen again. Porcupine puffer, Whitetail trigger and powder Black tang are in qt waiting