share your triggerfish!

How do the striper taste? Anyone know?
It's been years since I had striped bass, I caught one 21 and a half inches a few years ago. Kind of like salmon from what I remember, the wild caught salmon not farmed raised and fed with red dye..
21 inches was the minimum length, just barely legal to keep

Last edited:

jay0705

The regs are weird on them. I know here in ny there is a slot limit. My buddy tried for stripers a few yrs ago while I went out on the boat. He didn't have any luck except for crabs lol

The regs are weird on them. I know here in ny there is a slot limit. My buddy tried for stripers a few yrs ago while I went out on the boat. He didn't have any luck except for crabs lol
Too bad it's illegal to spearfish them here in Maine.. Where are you coming from? Any place warm and near the coast with clear water for spear fishing?

jay0705

No sir. Iam not sure how far they come north. Maybe the Carolinas. We get the stripers as they move north. I've never actually sw fish in ny. Its by nyc and I don't have much want to go there lol.

trigger40

lol i understand. sw inshore is my favorite. the fish dont get quite as big as they do in the gulf but there are still some big guys.

trigger40

well i was not impressed with the condition of the trigger fish. so i'm waiting on that guy and went with the emporater angel that iv been wanting sense i got into this hobby.

jay0705

Wtf girl!!!!! Lol chop chop. Iam guessing trigger 40 is fishing due to his lack of forum time lol. I have been getting out once a week. Mostly after walleye. No nessy tho