How to lower the Temperature

I live in south texas and a couple of small computer sized fans have worked wonders for me. I'm also near the coast and it gets rather humid around here.
Take the glass off the top of the tank. That will help with heat dispersion. Let the water breath.
The glasses are not moveable, those are for supporting the tank, like 4 inches wide for all 4 sides, that is why I cannot have hob skimmer.

mandy111

The glasses are not moveable, those are for supporting the tank, like 4 inches wide for all 4 sides, that is why I cannot have hob skimmer.
You mean its got euro bracing. that's what the glass edges are called. They shouldn't be affecting the heat in your tank.

Sorry Silver,

I don't have the problem now, it is 78. The problem solve after fan blowing plus open the sliding door two days ago. Plus I am worrying about when the room temperature is higher than the tank temperature, what are my options. Thanks for your help.

seecrabrun

I'm looking into some old computer fans in my sump cabinet. I have the temp set to 77.5 but even with the AC on 76, that part of the room gets much warmer so the tank is currently running at 78.1. It's only going to get hotter. It's looking like we will have a hot hot summer this year. This weekend is all 90s. When I had the parrots in this room a few years back during a hot hot summer I ended up having to put multiple fans in the room despite them being tropical birds, they were very hot.

mandy111

@fishkiller
You can buy a heat controller box off of ebay. Its got its own probe. You set it to the temp you want the tank to be at, with a 1 degree varience. I set mine to 25.
If temp gets to 24 heaters will auto come on, if it reaches 26 bank of computer fans (also off ebay auto come on). Its worked well.
We have 2 heaters plugged in, it stops heaters failing and boiling tanks because if it malfunctions it turns heater off at 26, not relying on the heater itself to use its thermostat. But the probe in the water.
photo 4.JPG

Chad C.

When my ac ran out in the summer ( I live in lousiana so it gets hot and humid) I pointed a fan on the tank and it helped lower it a few degrees