Coral dying?

isaac765

All of my corals seem to be doing fine except my mushroom toadstool coral I recently got. It's always down & is the only coral not adjusting to my water. The salinity was a bit high with calcium as well but other than that it's all good as far as I know. It has also been shedding mucus & is getting a slimy shiney texture. Placement is bottom but is under a regular filter. Lighting is LED. & some pictures of a few corals I have that are in the same tank to give you an idea on how they look compared the just that mushroom

Attachments

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Toadstools periodically will shed and retract polyps, especially during a stress even such as transitioning to a new system.

Looks in good shape actually. Keep an eye out for any deterioration, but otherwise I'd say a healthy coral.

flower

All corals are stressed when you first get them, some may take up top two weeks to bloom. Do you run carbon? Corals have chemical wars, if the coral is down stream of a more aggressive type, that could be one reason. Also leathers like good strong water flow to help them shed.