I'm new, tank test level questions

I never weighed it. I have 3 medium pieces from *****. I'm guessing they are at least 3lbs each. So i'm guessing around 9-12lbs. and 20lbs of live sand

10 gallon. I have a 5 gallon i'm thinking of setting up as a refuguim and putting chaeto in it. Just because i have no other use for it, and to add more water volume to the tank

I have been feeding the hermit crab that hitched a ride on the live rock. It has been in there since day one, because i had no where else to put it. So it has been getting a pellet in it now and then and lately i have been putting a little extra in to load the tank. The crab just molted earlier this week, so I'm guessing its doing fine or it wouldn't have molted.

I'm thinking 2 small clowns(or is should it be 1?), a shrimp (not sure what kind) a few more hermits and around 5 or so snails? I'm also adding chaeto in the next few days after i get a small part sectioned off for it. It will probably be another week until i will have the fish/ cleanup crew added. A Coworker is planning to order sometime and i'm going to join in and split the shipping, so i have to wait until he's ready to order and i get the chaeto in.

bang guy

One or two Percula Clownfish will work. I would not recommend any other types of Clownfish for that tank.

I'm sure you've heard it before, 10 gallon tanks are difficult.

Don't be surprised if the Hermits start eating the Snails.

Alright. Why percula?

I have a 40 gallon, but it will be a while until i get it set up and ready, probably this fall.

that brings up another question from what you mentioned. About how many empty shells should i have in there for the hermits? And will that keep them from messing with the snails?

bang guy

Percula have the best chance of doing well in a 10 gallon tank. None of the other Clownfish would do as well.

Hermits are predators. Even a well fed cat will go after a mouse.

Percula have the best chance of doing well in a 10 gallon tank. None of the other Clownfish would do as well.

Hermits are predators. Even a well fed cat will go after a mouse.
Thanks for the info, learn something everyday, actually a few times a day when it comes to this.

Will the hermits be a problem that i shouldn't use snails, and just stick with hermits? Or is it just accepted that they will go after them and thats how it is and you still mix them?

I also would like to thank everyone for the help the last few weeks.

bang guy

I tend to do the opposite and have lots of snails and no hermits. That's just personal preference though. I used to have a lagoon I kept and it had one hermit crab. That seemed to be the right ratio. It was 64 square feet of surface area and thousands of snails with one hermit.