Newest additions...

pegasus

Another example of comparing pictures. These is my pair of Pocillopora Damicornis. The pink hasn't really impressed me with it's growth, but the green has taken off like a weed! LOL!

Day of arrival... 2/28/2015:

20150228_170357A.jpg

6/21/2015:

20150621_121030A.jpg

pegasus

After a couple of months, I'm finally seeing some noticeable growth on my Acropora "tri-color" Valida. YAY!!!

Before:
tri-color.jpg

Now:
tri-color2.jpg

pegasus

I got a Duncan a couple months ago. Absolutely love it, the way it moves wth the current.
They are beautiful when they sway back and forth. I haven't had any since my two colonies died a good while back. As now, I started with three heads, and it grew into 21 heads. I split the colony, and everything was going good a few months. Then one by one, the heads started dying. They would stay receded, and then start covering up with a red, slimy, fungus-like coating. Blowing it off with a turkey baster would result in small chunks of the head flying off. Coral dip did nothing to stop it, and eventually all were dead. Nothing else in the tank suffered any illness before, during, or after the Duncans were stricken. I'd been Duncan-free for about six months when the itch came back. It was an itch I couldn't scratch, so I knew what I had to do... lol!

I've had them for a little over a month now, and I've already spotted two new heads forming. :D

pegasus

If all goes well with delivery, I should be adding another SPS to the tank this coming Tuesday. I'd been looking for something (low light) to go lower in the tank, when I ran across this little jewel. I though, "Hmm... my mint pavona could use some company", so I bought one of it's close cousins... an indo cactus pavona.

indo-cactus-pavona.jpg

pegasus

An updated video of my tank. I actually took the time to scrape the coralline algae off the glass before shooting this! In the process, I broke the tallest of my monti digitatas. Bummer. I mounted it beside broken piece, and now my digitatas look like trophy deer antlers... lol!

pegasus

Thank you, Teresa. It's looking much better now that hair algae isn't taking over. It was in pretty bad shape for almost a year, but the turning point came a couple of months ago, and HA is steadily receding. Yay!!! I have a small case of cyano, but it's not enough to concern me. Like the HA, it's been worse. I still critique my tank (always will), but at least it doesn't disgust me when I look at it now... lol! Thanks again!!!

Kristin1234

An updated video of my tank. I actually took the time to scrape the coralline algae off the glass before shooting this! In the process, I broke the tallest of my monti digitatas. Bummer. I mounted it beside broken piece, and now my digitatas look like trophy deer antlers... lol!

Wow. That is very nice Pegasus. Love it!

pegasus

Thanks, Kristin! I noticed I was starting to get a good dusting of cyano on the sand, and yesterday I found out why. One of the outlets on my wavemaker isn't working anymore, so one of the front power heads isn't pumping. Low flow is an open invitation for cyano... :(

pegasus

A nice looking reef tank, what is name of the star fish?
It's called a sand sifting sea star. I've had it over two years, and never bothered to name it... lol!

That's wrong on so many levels. I can see it now. Guy walks into an LFS, and asked for a pair of Henry starfish. They say they've never heard of such a thing. Guy is very adamant about getting some Henry starfish, and becomes very agitated when the clerks are uncooperative. Guy pulls a gun and kills everyone in the LFS. Guy goes to prison and never sees his fish tank again. I hope you can live with what you've done, bang guy... :p

pegasus

Newest "new" additions... 1 1/2 days after arrival:

Green Planet Acro
20150924_124226a.jpg

Aculeus Acro
20150924_124239a.jpg

"Unidentified" Acro
20150924_124249a.jpg

Key Lime Vermiculata
20150924_124255a.jpg

And another Key Lime Vermiculata
20150924_124310a.jpg