Naso Tang

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The stress blotches are gone? Also, are you providing zoecon or selcon? If not, I would do so. Its a good supplement, especially for tangs (who tend to be prone to HLLE).

lmforbis

After 6 weeks of QT, 4 were in hypo then about 8 days of slowly raising the salinity and a week of normal salinity I finally moved the tangs into the DT. So far all seems good. They are hiding a bit but are swimming around some and eating off the algae clip. I haven't seen any aggression, hopefully it will stay that way.

Kristin1234

After 6 weeks of QT, 4 were in hypo then about 8 days of slowly raising the salinity and a week of normal salinity I finally moved the tangs into the DT. So far all seems good. They are hiding a bit but are swimming around some and eating off the algae clip. I haven't seen any aggression, hopefully it will stay that way.
Exciting!!! I love your powder Brown. He's a beauty.

jay0705

Excellent. I was just talking to the lfs guy today about nasos. There def one of my favs

lmforbis

I was worried about the powder brown and my existing tomini going at it needs so than the nasogastric. All three are in the 2-2.5 inch size range. The tomini didn't like my flame angel when he went in. I also have a maroon clown, they have a reputation for not liking new comers. So far the only thing the maroon hates is my mag float he attacks it every time it moves. Been several hours and all is peaceful. I think this will work.

lmforbis

It has been 3 days since I added my powder brown and naso into my display tank. I have been stressing about them getting along with my tomini and maroon clown and if my tank really is ich free. I've never had a fish with ich in it but I still worry it got in there some how.

Here is a pic from day 3, all seem to be getting along, eating well and no sign of ich.

IMG_2277.JPG

jay0705

I thought I saw a spot on the naso. Lol jk jk. They look good. Tangs are nerve wracking bc of ich. My naso gets sand on him and the first few times I was like omg!!!!! Then I look at my other fish and nothing lol

lmforbis

I figure the powder brown is the indicator. Even though the naso came from ***** he never showed any sign if ich and I know their system has ich. Treated him anyway didn't want to take any chances. He did have stress spots for the first couple days in the DT and the powder brown is lighter in color, more yellow from stress he is darkening now.