Back to basics- 29g adventure

snakeblitz33

So the corals are still doing well, the skimmer isn't skimming out much. The tank is settling in and I'm kalk dosing just about every morning. It's all shaping up nicely. Looking forward to Saturday, adding more frags.

bang guy

I had a similar one a while back for a 10 gallon. It doubled as an ATO.

I had a build-in sump in the corner of the tank. As the water level in the corner sump dropped water would transfer via the airline tubing from the black container. The black container held Calcium hydroxide. As the water transferred to the sump the water level in the black container would drop releasing RO water from the Crown Royal bottle. As the water was release it would stir up the lime to saturate the limewater.

snakeblitz33

Yes, Eric. I test my calcium and alkalinity weekly and its stable when I dose.

Bang, you win in the creativity department. My jars were cheaper though. ;)

The montipora I bought last week is putting on new growth.

Everything is doing well so far. Tomorrow I plan on buying a couple more frags.

A former professor of mine has a salt tank and he said I could have some frags when I got my tank set back up. I'll talk to him soon.

snakeblitz33

I didn't get to go to the fish store today. They closed before I was able to make it over there. Oh well. It's all good.

Maybe one day this week I might go there and find a few five dollar frags to grab.

Found a lead on what fan I need to replace the fan on my LED unit. It's a cheap fix.

novahobbies

Cheap fixes are the best ones...as long as they STAY fixed!
Did ya get to the fish store today? I'm hitting up my local cheap frag shop tomorrow night.

snakeblitz33

A local dentist office is giving me their 46g bowfront tank. I'm having to decide if I want to set up the new tank as my own or sell it off. Or part it out. Ah, decisions.

snakeblitz33

Tore down the dentist tank. The tank is 36". I might end up setting it up. It has an overflow and a nice manufactured sump. It needs a new stand and the lfs is selling one for under $200. Decisions decisions.

snakeblitz33

I'm worried that my floor won't hold the weight though.

I'm considering just selling off and giving away as much as I can of it.

lmforbis

I would guess it doesn't weigh any more than a sofa with a couple people sitting on it. 500-600 pounds.

snakeblitz33

I put it in storage. I got a ton of fish supplies that I have to find room for somewhere. They are still in my car.

I don't think I want to set up the new tank after all. It's a perfect size for the wall, but I don't want to spend more money setting it up.

snakeblitz33

Everything is still living. Lol.

Going to do a water change in the morning. I might find myself at the fish store tomorrow. And the pawn shop. Lol.

I havent cleaned the front glass in a week and it was starting to grow coralline.

I'm still keeping up with the kalkwasser dosing. It's working out great. I like these little tanks.

My TDS on my RO unit has creeped up to nine, so I'm going to have to buy and change the media next month.

Im looking for a pretty reliable place to buy some cheap SPS frags now.

deejeff0442

I put my 250 on a pier and beam home.just tput the tank along the wall running opposite of the floor boards so it was more sturdy.no problems