Need I.D help please.

chrisely24

Sorry the pics are not very good, I still haven't found out how to take good pics of the tank.

The 2nd pic has something on the right side of the rock next to the bubble looking coral.

The 3rd pic is 2 closed up polyps with some alien looking thing growing in between it looks to be almost a pale pink color.
0625151624 (1024x576).jpg
0625151624a (1024x576).jpg
0625151624b (1024x576).jpg

bang guy

Just a guess from the pictures:

1 - Galaxea Coral - Galaxea fascicularis

2 - Ricordea Yuma - Ricordea Yuma

3 - Picturous obvoscura - *** Caution *** This thing will crawl out of the tank at night and attack any living creature within 100 feet of it's resting place.

Kristin1234

Literally out of the tank? Or out of its hidey hole??

Just a guess from the pictures:

1 - Galaxea Coral - Galaxea fascicularis

2 - Ricordea Yuma - Ricordea Yuma

3 - Picturous obvoscura - *** Caution *** This thing will crawl out of the tank at night and attack any living creature within 100 feet of it's resting place.

chrisely24

Cool, maybe someone else will know. The guy I got them from didn't know either his friend the frag owner was out when I bought them

pegasus

I'm going with Ricordea Florida... not Yuma. Solid color pattern with white tips and dense polyp coverage, and I believe I see a tiny bit of a neon green mouth, also. Can't really tell about the color, though. Does it look like any of these?

20150211_141216A.jpg

pegasus

Floridas have a smooth round mouth. Not always green, but more likely green than not. Yumas have polyps (bubbles) that grow on the mouth, while Floridas don't. As far as the thing next to the ricordea, is there any way you can get a picture from a different angle? Maybe turn the rock half around?

Last edited:

pegasus

My favorite ric. I've been tempted to frag it, but I'm not taking any chances with it. Don't want to risk losing it, so I'll be patient and let it do like all the others have done so far... split naturally.

20150212_133757A.jpg

pegasus

I'll pull it up out of the water tomorrow and get a better pic, thanks for the info
It will probably contract if you take it out of the water, which can make ID'ing it a little harder. If you could just move it closer to the glass (and camera) to get a clearer picture, it would be ideal. You're welcome!

chrisely24

Do the Ricordeas turn inside out when being fed?
I put a little brine shrimp on it the other day and it turned inside out for about 5 minutes. It did it again today when I used Reef Roids.