Crabs with snails?

wen tom

K, I'm confused. Been buying "reef packages" for a couple of years. I seem to go thru them pretty quick and see the crabs (hermits, blue legged and small white) eating snail shells a lot. (turbo and nas.) not sure if these are good combos or not. thanks

flower

Hi,

One thing they do, they kill snails for the shells. So if you put some empty shells in the tank for them, they will go for those and not kill the snails so quickly... I'm afraid eventually they kill them anyway, but it will appease them for a longer time. I no longer get hermits, only a variety of snails and brittle or serpent stars. The reef packages they sell, gives me critters I don't want.

wen tom

Hermits will kill snails. So is it the best combo? No but it is common
T
Hermits will kill snails. So is it the best combo? No but it is common
Hi,

One thing they do, they kill snails for the shells. So if you put some empty shells in the tank for them, they will go for those and not kill the snails so quickly... I'm afraid eventually they kill them anyway, but it will appease them for a longer time. I no longer get hermits, only a variety of snails and brittle or serpent stars. The reef packages they sell, gives me critters I don't want.
Thanks much!
K, I'm confused. Been buying "reef packages" for a couple of years. I seem to go thru them pretty quick and see the crabs (hermits, blue legged and small white) eating snail shells a lot. (turbo and nas.) not sure if these are good combos or not. thanks
Been trying to thank you guys for a couple days ago but having trouble with my password. Appreciate your time.

wen tom

Hi,

Hey Flower, if you wouldn't mind when you have time, telling me what you do get that works I'd greatly appreciate it!