Ghost Town

snakeblitz33

I don't know if it is so much of a spam problem. A lot of people on other forums say they will never order from SWF ever again because of the horrible customer service, which also translates into less traffic in the forum. There just isn't enough interest in this forum, and since it is attached to a business, many people feel like the opinions are biased on this forum.

Anyways, that's just my two cents.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I clear out about 30 spams on this site daily. Usually first thing in the am. Frankly, I'm thinking most mods don't really want to spend their time doing that volume of spam. So, Gem, if you have a secrete formula for keeping the spam out, by all means share.

Spam, cheesy ads (that used to be here) and new forum glitches (also previously) pretty much killed off this site.

Opinions are not biased in favor of the store, and never have been. SWF does not direct mods on what advise to give or asks us to promote their products. I would have been long gone if they had. However, SWF will not allow links to competitor stores, which I have always felt is reasonable.

gemmy

I clear out about 30 spams on this site daily. Usually first thing in the am. Frankly, I'm thinking most mods don't really want to spend their time doing that volume of spam. So, Gem, if you have a secrete formula for keeping the spam out, by all means share.

Spam, cheesy ads (that used to be here) and new forum glitches (also previously) pretty much killed off this site.

Opinions are not biased in favor of the store, and never have been. SWF does not direct mods on what advise to give or asks us to promote their products. I would have been long gone if they had. However, SWF will not allow links to competitor stores, which I have always felt is reasonable.
The spam filter is not something that mods can do. It has to be tweaked by an admin and it doesn't seem as though they care.

Beth, I think that you and Bang Guy are doing a great job with what you guys are given. :)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The spam filter is in place. However, the new spam technique is to compose posts of gibberish that no one with a single brain cell would bother reading. Not sure what spammers get out of posting a paragraph of nonsense that no one will read. But, it does break through the spam filter. Probably that is the goal, but no one is going to be looking at links preceded by nonsensical BS.

gemmy

I don't know if it is so much of a spam problem. A lot of people on other forums say they will never order from SWF ever again because of the horrible customer service, which also translates into less traffic in the forum. There just isn't enough interest in this forum, and since it is attached to a business, many people feel like the opinions are biased on this forum.

Anyways, that's just my two cents.
That's weird. I have never had a bad experience when I have ordered from here. Most of the complaints that I have heard were from the store credit policy. I don't get that because they do clearly state the policy but people misinterpret it and get mad when they can't get something for free,

This reminds me, I have an order coming this week. :)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
In the past at least, SWF has been email communication only for customer service. I think recently they have actually implemented a phone customer service which may work better.

Bottom line, some negative comments from individuals on other forums doesn't amt to much. The store has been going for 15 yrs now and has, in fact, expanded considerably during that time. That tells me that overall most customers are satisfied. For personal reasons, I'd like to see more attention given to the forums, but overall, I doubt the store relies on its traffic as much as it did when the store first opened.