Is this Yellow Coralline

Luvthekeys

Yellow coralline of just plain algae? Funny thing it is growing on one of the dry rocks i had in the tank. in the photos it looks more green then yellow but it is yellow. I had on both daylight and Actinic lights so that may be the reason. I added a photo from side of tank maybe that will help but the rock I am talking about is to the far right and multicolored. It still looks green where it is brownish yellow.

Last edited:

Luvthekeys

I am talking about the whole rock to the far right. the mustard colored area near the bottom of that rock is actually epoxy holding two rocks together. As I said the light green area extending from the top of the rock down is actually brownish yellow and is interspersed with pink/purple coralline algae. I believe the Lighting is causing the yellow areas to show up as light green. Are you referring to the orange sponge in the center of the photo or do you see one somewhere on the aforementioned rock?

santamonica

I don't think there is yellow coralline. Or green. It is probably just algae growing on coralline that was eaten overnight.