need a little help

i need to hook up my chiller to my bio-cube. I don't really want to add another pump to the back.
can I hook the chiller to the return pump, run the water thru the chiller and hook the return to the return whole on the bio-cube. the pump is 265gph

flower

Hi,

Far as I know, and I have two chillers...All the chiller needs to work, is have water flow through it, it won't matter how you get that to happen. You can use a canister filter, a separate pump, or any other means to get water from the tank to pass through the chiller, and back to the tank.

ya I know that, ive had this chiller on my seahorse tank, just not sure if I want to try and hook it to the return pump of my bio-cube or if the pump would ne strong enough

spanko

Stock pump is about 240 gph. Is that enough to supply your chiller and have it return to the tank?

ok that's what I figured - I have a maxi jet I can use or the chiller - now to see if I can figure out if I can split the return from inside the back - already have it split in the tank
wish it had two return wholes lol

spanko

Why split it? Why not just send it in total to the chiller and have the chiller output back to the tank?

that's what I originally thought but not sure the pump is big enough or what size pump would be needed
I think I will give it a try since I don't want to add a second pump

I guess ill play it by ear lol and if its not enough ill get a bigger pump

spanko

Maybe you could place the chiller high enough, on a stand maybe, that the pump would not need to have much head height it could work.