EcoTech QD Pumps

2quills

Anybody try these new MP quiet drive pumps yet from EcoTech? They supposedly produce much less noise and have been measured putting out 40% more power.

pegasus

Doesn't look like anyone has tried them. I've read several good reviews on them. The last I read was comparing the different models. This review didn't recommend upgrading from the MP 10, a "somewhat" recommendation for upgrading from the MP 40, and a definite recommendation if upgrading from the MP 60. Most of the pluses seem to revolve around the noise factor, as most tanks don't need the flow that these pumps are capable of at 100%. Not much to go on, I know... but it's all I've got to offer. :(

2quills

No worries. I was never a big fan boy of these pumps for the price. But quieter operation, more efficiency/power along with a reduced price tag though has hooked me this time I think. I went ahead and ordered a couple of mp 40's, should be here by mid week. Been wanting to upgrade my old Koralia's for a while now. Never had any problems with them but even after cleaning they just don't seem to have the push that they once did.

pegasus

No worries. I was never a big fan boy of these pumps for the price. But quieter operation, more efficiency/power along with a reduced price tag though has hooked me this time I think. I went ahead and ordered a couple of mp 40's, should be here by mid week. Been wanting to upgrade my old Koralia's for a while now. Never had any problems with them but even after cleaning they just don't seem to have the push that they once did.
Understood. I gave up on Koralia's a long time ago. While they were "okay", I despised having them on a wavemaker. The constant clicking/clacking noise on startup drove my wife and I crazy. I sold them and got Sicce Voyagers. Super-quiet, but even though they were rated at a higher flow, felt much weaker than the Koralias. Always liked the looks of the EcoTechs, but couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of price for them. I bought a couple of Jebao RW-8's, and I have to run them less than 50% (closer to 30%) or they blow up the sand (SeaFlor Special) in my 6' tank... and they're pointed slightly up towards the surface. For the price of these pumps, I couldn't be happier. Oh... and they're very quiet. LOL!