Starting a saltwater aquarium

jay0705

Watch the type of star you want. The most common chocolate chip is not reef safe. A brittle would be a good choice. Again tho they all need stable water prams

There all born male. Then the more dominant and larger one is female
Ok...ill be sure to do that then! Thanks so much for everyone's advice! Couldn't have done it without all of your help. I will still be asking for advice along the way. This is just the beginning. Thanks again! :)

Watch the type of star you want. The most common chocolate chip is not reef safe. A brittle would be a good choice. Again tho they all need stable water prams
I really don't know which one is best for a beginner. What is your advice? should I also put in a shrimp or a crab? Is it a good Idea to put in some sort of bottom dweller to help with the biological filter?

pegasus

There are different types of brittle starfish, but the one you want for excellent cleanup would be the type that has lots of "bristles" on it's legs. They can go in any tank, and are excellent scavengers. The green brittle star isn't considered reef safe and can be aggressive, so it's not a good choice if you have smaller fish. Hermit crabs are good scavengers, but sometimes prey on snails. Shrimp are also good scavengers, and are fun to watch. I like peppermint and skunk cleaners... with the peppermint being the cheapest.

Clownfish will eat pretty much anything you feed them. Flakes, pellets, frozen food, etc. They just love to eat, and they can eat a lot! I have to over-feed my tank just so everything gets a chance at something the clowns miss...

streamer

Pretty much anything, they can be little garbage guts,, what other fish are you planning to keep in the tank.I make my own food for my fish. I run a very heavy bio load and I tend to feed my fish very well and in my 125 gal I only have 15 snails...

jay0705

New clowns can be picky at first. I see it ask frequently lately. Once established they eat most fare. They are more fond of flake and pellets then alot of sw fish. Also shrimp are an excellent part of a cuc they don't bother much and the skunks are good fish cleaners

I finally got my clown fishes in my tank and I also got the condy anemone. They are adjusting well! I wanted to know how often should I feed them?

streamer

how often do you like to eat ? I feed mine twice a day, I was once told that their stomachs are the size if their eyes. Not sure if its true but, that is the guide that I have used for years, good luck with your new friends..

streamer

my clowns are finally hosting my green long tentacle men and it is so funny to watch all 3 of them hide in it..you will enjoy watching them...

I am worried about my anenome. I have been checking my parameters and everything seems to be where it supposed to. But my condy anenome is always shrinking and yesterday its mouth was wide open and I can see the pink inside. I even changed the lighting a few weeks ago. What else should I be doing? I am lost.