Harlequin tusk help!

lmforbis

Mine has them but really hard to see since he is only 2 1/2" long. I read that all naso tangs have the double, non retractable scalpels. So your unicorn will too. Watch out if they get too close to your hands.

pegasus

By the way... I wonder how the topic of this thread is doing? We kind of hijacked this thread, didn't we? Sorry. I hope the HT is doing better. Waiting for an update...

Ryhiem

Hey all. My tusk is doing OK. The wound hasnt really improved but his energy is almost back to normal and his appetite hasn't wavered so I think he is slowly getting better! His diet right now is mixed seafood meaty chunks, soaked in zoe, fresh garlic and kanaplex. I have been able to target feed him to ensure he is getting what he needs. I have been watching the tank alot (since it's next to the tv) and havent noticed any aggression towards him. If the wounds not healing I'm going to put him in qt but I hope it doesn't come to that.

BTW beautiful blonde naso!! Mine is only 2 inches but im sure he will be that bug in no time !!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Good news. Keep an eye out for redness around the wound and any red streaks stemming from that wound. That signals infection and he will need to go to QT and medicated with antibiotics (Maracyn Two)