Guys need help asap.

Kristin1234

Power is out.

Been about 20 min.

What do I do?

I called and they say power should be restored in about 2 hours. Will we be okay?

geridoc

You should be ok for 2 hours. If it goes longer you might wrap the tank to reduce heat loss and stir the water periodically to distribute well-oxygenated water to the bottom.

lmforbis

You should be fine. Ours was out a month or so ago for a couple hours. No issues. You can buy battery operated air pumps so you can put an air stone in the tank. I have one but forgot to buy batteries. Biggest risk is temp change.

flower

That will teach yah. Need a Genny asap.
Totally agree! Those battery powered air pumps fishermen use, are super helpful too. You should always have a back-up plan BEFORE a serious problem. Consider this a wake up call, to remind you of how important it is to be prepared for the worst.

bang guy

Yeah, just plop in the airstone from your battery powered air pump(s) and it will be fine for many hours.

Kristin1234

Thanks guys. Will grab the above mentioned before it happens again.

It was on quickly but I got a 4 qt pitcher and filled it with the tank water and poured it in every hour. So twice. Lol. It what Google told me to do.

BanditMan15

Go to your local Advance Auto Parts and purchase a 900 amp jump starter it has a place for DC 12 v socket for you to use a power inverter to power heater, air, and pumps/ canisters... That's what I use...