Air Bubbles bad for Saltwater aquarium?

Someone told me I should remove the wavemaker in my saltwater aquarium because it creates bubbles. I personally think it is totally fine as it said perfect for marine and freshwater.
The wave maker can be seen in this video.
The only drawback is it causes salt despoits on my tank but I do daily maintence. Should I look to buy a better new one or is this one fine?

flower

Hi,

Adding the cycle is not going to take care of your nitrates. In fact nitrates are the last part of the cycle (ammonia becomes nitrites, nitrites become nitrates), you do water changes to keep nitrates down. You can add macroalgae, it feeds on phosphates and nitrates. If you plan to have corals, don't put macros in the display, a refugium would be best for that, but for a fish only system, you can.

This is just an opinion.... Putting a back ground on that tank will make it look awesome. That is a power head, not a wave maker, the bubbles look bad, I would not want that in my tank, those aren't even good looking bubbles. If you add the background, the salt creep would be problem. The back ground will look 100% better for your tank then your micro-bubble creator.

lmforbis

It looks like there is a tube that goes from the power head to the surface. If you remove that tube there should be no more bubbles.

pegasus

You'll be better of to get a pair of magnetically attached power heads that use a wavemaker to alternate the flow in the tank. I have a pair of Jebao RW-8 power heads in my 40 gallon breeder, and they work great. You can adjust the flow rate so they will work in many different sized tanks. If you continue to use the current power head, you should at least remove the venturi tube so you don't have to deal with all the bubbles and salt creep. Just move it closer to the surface to create surface turbulence, and it will provide all the gas exchange your tank will need.

The product your LFS sold you is for cycling the tank from the beginning, not the end of the cycle... which is where your tank is now. Zero ammonia, zero nitrite, and high nitrate means the cycle is complete. You've already been told this, but you remove the nitrate in the water (after cycling) with water changes. There are ways to remove nitrate completely and naturally, but for now, just do water changes.

Ok thanks guys!!!! I will remove the tube.
Flower, me and you think a like. I am already planning a back ground. Which back ground would you reccomend? My main show fish are going to be my clowns a black and white percula and a normal percula.

flower

Flower, me and you think a like. I am already planning a back ground. Which back ground would you reccomend? My main show fish are going to be my clowns a black and white percula and a normal percula.
Hi,

Painted black is the best IMO, but your tank is up and running, so it's too late for that one, unless you can paint it where it is. Dark backgrounds, or blue, shows off the fish, and makes their colors pop. Those plastic ones that adhere to glass look good, but salt creep wouldn't allow it to stay put. You can make just about anything you want, you can google tank backgrounds for ideas, there are some really awesome ones out there.

It's also too late once a tank is up and running, for a fake rock wall, but they are beautiful. It's worth a look see in case you decide to upgrade later to a larger tank, and want to explore the possibility. They are super easy to do, but it takes an empty tank.

bang guy

This is probably just a false alarm but I feel I should bring it up anyway and you can just correct me if I'm wrong.

I have not heard of a Black & White Percula, I believe only Ocellaris have that color morph. It could be that I'm just lagging behind the times and someone has bred that color morph with Percula.

If I'm right then you are trying to pair an Ocellaris with a Percula. It is possible to interbreed Percula and Ocellaris but it's not common that it works.

geridoc

This is probably just a false alarm but I feel I should bring it up anyway and you can just correct me if I'm wrong.

I have not heard of a Black & White Percula, I believe only Ocellaris have that color morph. It could be that I'm just lagging behind the times and someone has bred that color morph with Percula.

If I'm right then you are trying to pair an Ocellaris with a Percula. It is possible to interbreed Percula and Ocellaris but it's not common that it works.
the closest thing I can find to a B&W Perc has a white body with some black markings, but still has orange fins, tail and face. They list it as " Amphiprion percula".

geridoc

From the eyes it's clearly A. percula. I wouldn't consider that B&W though, would you?
I agree - if I had to call it anything I would call it a "white&orange with some black markings percula". It is a nice looking fish, though.

What a fool I am LOL..... ... It's actually a Black and White Occelleris and a Snowflake Occelleris I was thinking about mixing. I had to call the LFS and made sure I took the right names down, and I accidently wrote down the percula name when they are occellaris.