need quick answer please!!!

shrekisdrek

long story short, im wondering if a uv sterilizer can get the big green and brown algae spots off my aquarium walls that were caused by sunlight.

full story below

i have two fowlr tanks and they were just beautiful until my power went out for 2 days and i wasnt home so they all died, my father in the other hand put both tanks outside and they receive sunlight in the mornings and afternoon, you know what that means, ALGAE AND DIATOM OUTBREAK, i was recomended a uv sterilizer but im wondering if it could get rid of all the green and brown splotches that are in the aquarium walls. no matter how clean the tank can be, there will still be algae because of the sunlight, any comment will be appreciated.

flower

Algae can't exist without Phosphates, so a GFO reactor will do more than a UV sterilizer

shrekisdrek

is there any way i can get is a a hang on or installing it without a sump/refuge, my pump broke and im in the process of finding a new one

lmforbis

Protein shimmer would help with water quality and may help with organic phosphates but gfo is better then in my opinion to get rid of phosphate. There are a lot of hang on the back skimmers some are good some are really bad. My GFO reactor is from BRS I just bought a second one last week for my smaller tank. It was a Black Friday sale item for less than $50 including pump. The reactors I have you'd be able to put next to your main tank. They can go in a sump but don't have to. I keep mine next to the sump with just the pump and return hose in it You'd be able to do the same with the main tank.