Yellow Tang

lmforbis

I have had this yellow tank in QT for a couple weeks. It eats well, swims around normally, is breathing normally, no flashing, nothing to indicate anything is wrong except it has developed some bumps on his body. They were white initially and my first thought was ich. Didn't surprise me as he came out of a tank with ich and I was lowering the salinity when the spots appeared. It is now 2 weeks later and there are more bumps none have dissapeared after a few days the way ich does. Some are now brownish in color. They are bigger than ich that I have seen before, upwards of 2 mm they seem to be growing. There is also obvious swelling of the flesh in the area around the bump, kind of like a mosquito bite.
Any ideas as to what I am dealing with? Black ich (turbellaria)? How to treat it?
This is not a great pic. and it is more three dimensional than the pic shows.
FullSizeRender(4).jpg

Look up....encapsulated digenetic trematodes.

I found on another forum where someone had a similar ailment on their Tang. Not sure what the outcome was or the treatment, but it is worth researching.

You might try the freshwater dip method too and see if that helps...maybe aome copper treatment.

lmforbis

I now have a diagnosis for my fish and a treatment plan. I just need to get the meds.
I was told to start with PraziPro and if that doesn't help formalin dips. He seems otherwise fine and the other fish in QT does not appear to be affected.