Search results

1. salty guy

Sound off on what you feed your fish!

I have seen some great debates on what people feed there fish and what they soak the food in. So if you would please lets hear it. What do you feed your fish? Do you soak your food in any supplements? As for me I feed my fish Marine Cuisine, frozen Krill, shrimp chopped up, Algae flake food...
  2. salty guy

Emerald Crab turing white

My emerald crab is starting to turn white. He is very active and always out picking through the sand on picking at the rock. He seems very active and healthy. Is he beginning the molting process? Or is he getting sick?
  3. salty guy

Program for the Palm

I have seen and even used some really cool programs that keep track of your water tests, live stock, and different equipment of your PC. Well I was wondering if any of you that frequent this board know of any such programs that are for the Palm? It would be much more practical since my tank is...
  4. salty guy

What kind of fish is this?

I have a fish that was given to me by a friend. There tank fell victims to ICK. It was brought to me in a fish bag looking very very sad. I put him in my Q tank and began the process of lowering the salinity this was on Saturday AM. Late Sunday he began to eat some frozen shrimp treated with...
  5. salty guy

Water Temp

So what temp do you all keep your tank?
  6. salty guy

Lighting experts

I currently run a 29Gal eclipse 3 hood. I have one 10,000k and one blue currently running. I had been running a 10,000k pc DIY that is great, its between the filter box and the stock lights nice unit sealed and all. Its time to replace my bulb so this is my question, Should I get a smart PC...
  7. salty guy

Pajama Cardinalfish??

Any one heard of this fish? Is it heard to keep? They are quite nice to look at but that usualy means that they are $$$. Any input is welcome.
  8. salty guy

Need advice on angle fish

Need advice on angle fish Ok I had a major infestation of ghost shrimp and fry (baby) mollies. It was to the point of loosing control and the fish taking over so I posted a message to the board and was told that a dwarf angle would be my best bet to rid my self of the problem. I went to the LFS...
  9. salty guy

What to do with extra tank

I have a extra 10gal tank that use to be for fresh water fish. I filled it up with salt water and put a filter on it and put in some LR that I found that was really neat. I put it in this tank to make sure it was cured all the way and would not spike my tank. I will be taking the rock out...
  10. salty guy

How to tell if fish is M or F

First the back round. I have been a fish keeper since I was old enough to know. I got my first marine tank 6 years ago and sold my house and tank with it. Just moved into new place 4 months ago and 2 1/2 months ago got new 29Gal Eclipse to keep a few fish in. So here is my setup: 29 Gal...