10000K vs 14000K

er..md

Looking for advice....I am going to get an additional nano tank for my house and need to choose lighting. (looking at the new current Solana) The pendant that matches it is MH only. The other options are MH with LEDs at 10 or 14. I will be putting primarily corals in the tank. I also like the color imparted by actinics....
Any suggestions on which spectrum or product to use?
thanks

teen

if the LEDs are being used for an actinic affect, then go with a 10k bulb. if they're like moon lights that you'll only have on at night, id go with the 14k.
or maybe your talking about the new LED lighting system that out. then i have no clue.

er..md

....was looking between the sunpod vs pendant....or any other option that might be workable

elitephoto

what nano? jbj makes a nice HQI hood for the 24 and 28G nanos. otherwise the 14k pendant is the way I would go personally. Current makes a nice one for the nano that has led moonlights built in.

S

swalchemist

I think the Current Sundial will give you more of what you are after. Go with 14 K if you are after color, 10K if you are after quik growth. The built in actinics will make up for the loss of 14K. Got to be honest though, the LED moonlights are really not that important in the grand scheme.

turbohaulic

Originally Posted by SWAlchemist
I think the Current Sundial will give you more of what you are after. Go with 14 K if you are after color, 10K if you are after quik growth. The built in actinics will make up for the loss of 14K. Got to be honest though, the LED moonlights are really not that important in the grand scheme.
Does this also apply to the none LED metal halide lights?

S

swalchemist

yep I don't use moons anymore, don't even plug them in.