Time for LED's

dilan

As title says I think its time for me to put down the T12's on my 55gal reef tank to LED's. That is my problem I don't know which LED light fixture I like because their are many that I havent discovered and help from you all would be awesome

Budget : 200-300 for the light
Needs to be able to dim and be programable if possible
Cannot hang has to be able to hook onto the tank
I want to keep SPS Mushrooms Zoas and maybe an anemone or LPS but dont worry about those last 2.

These are wat Ive seen so far that I like
Current USA orbit 46 inch.
Aquatic life LED Edge

Anyothers would be great and would like to know if any of yall used these two products and see how yall liked it. TY

silverado61

The Current USA Orbit is what I have for my 72g. If your tank is 48" you can probably get away with a 36" light like I did. That only leaves 6" at each end. Considering what your short from front to back on your tank, 6" isn't much. So far I've only tested it on an empty tank because the 72g stand is still being built but I love the effects and programing options.

dilan

thx for reply, but I think im heading in the aquaticlife direction since i have the t8's on my 180gal and I like those. But any other advice is always welcomed DONT BE SHY lol

silverado61

I don't see any of the features on the Aquaticlife that the Current USA has and the Aquaticlife has an acrylic lense as apposed to the glass lense on the Current. The $165.00 price difference is above my budget.

But everyone has their own direction. And this is America with the freedom to choose right? lol :D

(Looks like spell check is gone so excuse any typos.)

Last edited:

dilan

i was looking at those but they were outa stock I ended up getting the Aquaticlife thinking it should meet my needs for lighting :)