Arizona, and 9 year-old and an Uzi. Sounds about right...

I'm sure you've probably heard by now... some nine year old girl was at some range in Arizona learning how to fire an Uzi submachine gun (because let's be honest, what 9 year old doesn't need that skill in their arsenal) when she couldn't handle the recoil, and it went over her shoulder shooting her instructor in the face. He died.

What the hell is wrong with people?!? While I completely believe in the 2nd amendment, there have got to be more "common sense" rules put in place so things like this don't happen.

Who in their right mind, even a self proclaimed "gun nut", would think that allowing a small child to operate a machine gun is a good idea?!? Maybe I'm way off base here, but when I read this story I probably turned three shades of red from how pissed off I was. Because this was allowed, a 39 year old is dead, a family is without a father, and some 9 year old kid, who hasn't even started her life, will now have to live with the blood on her hands from killing a man. Solid parenting and wonderful laws Arizona...

darthtang aw

My son has fired my ar. He was nine at the time. But there is a right way and a wrong way to do that. This was done the wrong way. Plus it was full auto from what i understand.

2quills

Agree, pretty dumb and the outcome proves it. No child that age should handle a full auto. That kid is going to have issues now for the rest of her life.