what are some good floating foods?

celbrise

im trying to vary my fishes diet majority of them are carnivores some omnivores but i just bought some formula one pellets and majority of the fish don't touch them mainly because they sink to the bottom too fast and at that point they don't want it.

i do feed brine shrimp frozen they love it. but im tired of only feeding them that. the stores here don't have a great selection of frozen/live foods yet alone dry foods either.

here are the fish i have

1. ocellaris clowns- eats the pellet food i gave
2. golden sleeper head goby- eats pellets i gave
3. bangaii cardinals- eats floating food only
4. blue devil damsel- eats floating food only
5. blue tang- also only eats floating foods

also if anyone knows of some good blue tang food i would appreciate it. mine only will eat romane lettuce. i tried kelp but it doesn't touch it.

2quills

You probably don't want anything that floats (so to speak) as the fish you have aren't surface feeders. But I would look further into finding a better source for frozen food.

Some decent basic ones that would work might be Marine Cuisine, Spriluna, Mysis, Emeral Entre and probably some algae sheets (nori) for the tang.

If you have to order food from online I like some of the Rod´s brand of frozen foods.

silverado61

I don't think any swf are surface feeders are they? They'll get air in their belly's which isn't a good thing.