How to suspend plumbing in stand

eric b 125

What can I use to support horizontal runs of pvc under my stand? It's a Marineland Monterey 200DD stand and the plumbing will have horizontal runs under the top of the stand (not near the vertical side supports).

2quills

There's quite a variety of different pipe hangers out there from pipe strap to J hooks etc. Even conduit clips. If you make your horizontal run along the top of the underside of your stand you can just pin them to one of the supports with conduit clips.

Check with your local home improvement store.

eric b 125

I don't think monterey stands have horizontal supports under the plywood(esque) top. That's where I'm running into problems: finding an easily removable support that will attach to the flat top.

2quills

Easiest thing I could think of would be to add a couple of support braces. Then you'd have something to hang the plumbing to.

eric b 125

Easiest thing I could think of would be to add a couple of support braces. Then you'd have something to hang the plumbing to.
It might come down to that. Those stands are so short that I have to be very litigious with the use of space.

2quills

You could maybe pick up a length of 1x4. Then just cut and glue it flat to the top (under side) of the stand. Perhaps use some short screws to hold it.

Once that's done then just pin the pipes to the 1x4's with metal or plastic conduit clips using short enough screws that don't poke through the top of the stand.

That might be your best bet for saving space.

HTH

eric b 125

You could maybe pick up a length of 1x4. Then just cut and glue it flat to the top (under side) of the stand. Perhaps use some short screws to hold it.

Once that's done then just pin the pipes to the 1x4's with metal or plastic conduit clips using short enough screws that don't poke through the top of the stand.

That might be your best bet for saving space.

HTH

That's a great idea. I'd have to sand through the paint. I wonder how that would effect marinelands warranty.