Filling up and draining sound from bifold

tcarlisle

My tank has, in the last few days, started making a sound from one of the two bifolds. Its almost like the water is falling over the top of the bifold as it should and then fills up till it quickly drains to the sump. I have the same amount of water in the tank and sump as always. It just seems like the bifold has to fill up and then it drains quickly to the sump. Not sure why this has started happening. The water flow over the sump wall is flowing normally. It fills up as it should but drains quickly below the top level to drain to the sump. It is kind of hard to explain. If anyone has the proper terms or anything that would help explain this, it would help. Any thoughts?

tcarlisle

They are not covered. The snails i have in there are very small. If something were in the pvc pipe that drains to the sump, the water would flow slower but i am assuming it would still be constant. The filling up and draining is what I can't figure out. I suppose i should figure out a way to pull out the pvc without making a huge mess and clean it all out.