Books you should have

flower

Hi,

There are two books I always recommend... Pocket guide for marine fish, and the one for invertebrates. I just realized saltwaterfish.com carries both books, including a great one for corals. These books are IMO, a must have collection. Take the books with you to the LFS, and not have to ask about a critter you're interested in, and take a chance on getting misinformation. Every fish and invert has a picture of the critter, and even tells you the size tank it needs to thrive for an adult specimen.

I have been in the SW hobby for many years, I still use these books for reference.

silverado61

I agree. I already own four of the books listed on SWF.com and just put myself on the waiting list for a fifth book.

flower

I didn't know these books were available from SWF.com... I wanted anyone interested to know where they could get them.

snakeblitz33

Julian Sprung has written some pretty good books over the years... I like "the reef aquarium: vol 1, 2, 3.
I also liked his book on algae.

There are also some other authors worth note... one of them is Eric Borneman and a newish book written by Tony Vargas.

But those are for serious hobbyists and people interested more in chemistry, biology and the like.