what is this???

mauler

Not the algae I'm not sure what kind it is but it seems pretty harmless plus it gives me a reason to keep my turbo snails I'm talking about the little bug looking thing on the rock

bang guy

Ahhhh. I can't tell from the picture. Kinda looks like a Stomatella varians.

Can you describe what I'm looking at?

mauler

I was hoping you could. But it kinda looks like a over sized pod of some kind it was sucking on the rock when I noticed it

silverado61

I think I see what he's talking about bang guy. Top half of the photo, just a tad to the right from center. Is that a sponge? Its got a touch of purple on it. Maybe a snail?

mauler

I guess it would have helped if I cleaned my glass but yeah that's what I'm talking about andiit's not a sponge it looks like it has a shell but it's definitely not a snail I only have 4 turbos and they've all be accounted for.

silverado61

Then it kind of looks like a juvenile cowrie snail. Might have been a hitchhiker on something else you bought.

bang guy

Possibly. Stomatella eat diatoms and nothing else - a good thing to have around.

Cowries are carnivores and some eat soft corals.

silverado61

Correct me if I'm wrong though bang guy. I don't want mauler to panic and get rid of it, if it's one of the good guys.