Baby Snowflake Eel - Moving

stormchandler

hello there everyone & thanks,

I will be moving after Thanksgiving ( only going 100 miles ) but my Snowflake Eel will be going with ..

the question though is , 1 ) there anything I can do minimize her stress ? , 2) how could I actually move her from the tank w/o her getting hurt ?
( I worry bout using a net & dont want her to fall/jump out & hurt herself ) I thought bout using a new unused ( clean ) coffee pot w/ a lid to scoop her up to the ' safety container ', with a soft cloth over the spout, until the move and get her back to her tank . Fish I can move - but the eel is going on 3 months or so I am still learning to handle eels , but I have enjoyed the experience . Any advice , ideas would be helpful ..

Thanks ,

Storm

mauler

To the the eel out your most likely going to have to remove all the rock and then just net her. For the trip look at bait buckets some come with battery air pumps but I wouldn't worry to much about her snowflake eels are about as hardy as saltwater fish get aside from eel suicide there pretty indestructible.

jay0705

Agreed, u could use a small cooler, tote, or bucket w a lid to transport. Catching either net or use your hands