Whats the best hang-on Skimmer and Filter for 75 gallon tank

stern

Ok guys, I tried to find a pre-drilled tank and a stand to match, I find one and not the other (used). so I'm going to pick up a fairly new 75 gallon tank with matching stand about 4 month old from someone that upgraded to a bigger tanks, So I'm going have to deal with the hang on filter and skimmer for now which I don't mind cause I have base board hot water heater against my wall, so I can't put the tank flush against the wall any way, What are the best ones out there, Canister ect.... for the money and size??

snakeblitz33

Reef octopus is a great brand. Can't go wrong. Eshopps is an economy brand that could get you by until you decide to upgrade.

Then again, you may not need a skimmer for the first six months anyways.

stern

Reef octopus is a great brand. Can't go wrong. Eshopps is an economy brand that could get you by until you decide to upgrade.

Then again, you may not need a skimmer for the first six months anyways.
Thanks guys, so I still need a canister filter as well, right? What's the best one for the money? Trying to get my sand. Water and rocks this week

jay0705

I use a hob filter on my 75. Its the marineland emperor 400. I also like aqua clear filters aswell

aduvall

^ how muh are those jay?

Yes stern I would still get a filter. Although some have done 0 filter and just used a skimmer bio and water changes.