Carpet help please!!!

James Salinas

I have a blue carpet thats around 12". He has been doing great for months but my wife fed him a shrimp and he spit it out but didnt notice until it was time to feed again that the shrimp was in the corner of the tank. She called me (I was out of town) and i told her to do a 5 gallon water change (its a 29 gallon nano). She did. Since then he keeps moving all over the tank and has not eaten. His mouth seems to stay open alot but he will not eat a piece of shrimp or silverside. I did a 10 gallon water change last night and he planted foot real good today but i havnt tried to feed. Until this he has not moved since we added him to the tank. What are your thoughts?

pegasus

Nice Haddon's. Anemones are funny like that... they suddenly decide they don't like the neighborhood, so they pack up and move. They can wander for days. Once they find a spot they like, they set up house. It's their decision when and where they want to be, which can be a pita if it's on the backside of your rock formation. I wouldn't worry too much about feeding it, as long as it eats a little occasionally. I feed mine once or twice every month or so (if it's lucky), and it's as healthy as a horse. It protrudes it's mouth a lot lately, but that's how they expel waste. If it starts to shrivel and stays that way for a few days, I would start to worry. It probably was more focused on finding it's new location than it was about eating. It takes a lot of energy for them to move and get planted, so it probably didn't want to use that energy to digest food. Just my theory...

ClaptonsGhost

pegasus, what you said has me concerned about my green carpet (I started another thread on it so I won't go into too much detail). Basically he stays shriveled up the past 3 days or so. I included a pic. You should be able to find the thread easily enough.