diet recommendations for my tank please

seecrabrun

I currently feed flake, and probably a low end kind. I do mysis shrimp about once a month and algae tabs once a week, more often if someone seems hungry.

I have 2 tanks with 2 fish in each. One tank is 2 chromis about 3/4" in size. The other tank is 2 damsels that are about 1" and 2" in size.

I'm looking for food recommendations and maybe some links to any articles you know of about feeding damselfish in particular. I read some good articles about feeding clownfish, which make up the rest of the Pomacentridae family, but their eating habits are different than the damselfish.

jay0705

I mostly feed frozen mysis, spirulina brine, new life spectrum pellets, and alage sheets.

seecrabrun

Anyone else with experience in so few fish of this type?
I can easily over feed them and so I want to make sure what little they do get is what they need nutritionally.

bang guy

Frozen Cyclop-Eeze would be an excellent replacement for the flaked food.

Have you considered making your own fish food?

bang guy

I've always made my own. Mince up seafood choices in a blender with water, pour into an ice cube tray, and freeze. The amount of food per serving can be controlled by how much water you add to the blender. To feed you just plop a cube into the tank.

MegIsAwesome06

I've always made my own. Mince up seafood choices in a blender with water, pour into an ice cube tray, and freeze. The amount of food per serving can be controlled by how much water you add to the blender. To feed you just plop a cube into the tank.
Brilliant! Do you have any tried and true recipes you recommend?

bang guy

Mostly frozen seafood that's on sale. Scallops, Salmon, Cod, Squid, stuff like that. I stayed away from farmed seafood but that's just me.