naso tang

jay0705

Ok folks what info can u give me on these guys? Tank size, temperament, able to mix w other tangs?

mauler

They need atleast a 6' tank maybe bigger as they mature. They're pretty calm for tang standards anyways. I'd say it can be done and I've seen it done plenty of times.

jay0705

6ft is thrown around often. I have only heard of one 7ft tank that was a 220. Iam I mistaken?

mauler

I have a 6' tank and my tangs use every inch so I can the need for a big tank. Most people I know with a naso keep them in 6' tanks I only know one person that's kept one in anything smaller but didn't you say your upgrading?

jay0705

Yes but I question if a 6ft 125 is enough. Lol the qt is my old 75. Honestly its not a tang that was on my radar. I saw it last wk at *****. Oh how I hate that store. Fig for its size it be expensive. When in yest its $70 and in like a 15 gallon space. The fish is 8" for gods sake

mauler

I don't see any problem with a 6' 125 as long as you leave him some room to swim around.

mauler

They're very different in shape and color so it will most likely be fine plus all the people I know with nasos have yellow tangs with them along with other tangs. I think you should go rescue the poor guy.

jay0705

Lol, I hear ya if they were aggressive, or sickly. But no lol one of the hardiest tangs and generally not aggressive