brand new to sw tanking

rahamn

I recently acquired a DMS700 15.5G free. My issue is no instruction or media came with the tank other than some sponge material. I need to know how to set this up and what equipment I still need. Also any suggestions on hardy fish to start the tank with.

Thank you in advance for help and suggestions. This will eventually turn into a hospital tank.

Bryce E

Little nano tanks like that will use bio balls or bio pellets or sponge media in their built in filters in the compartment in the back. It has a small internal overflow and pump. You need sand, live rock and you need to get it running then start the cycle.. fully cycle your tank before adding fish to it. Don't use a fish to cycle the tank.

Once you are ready for fish, clownfish, damsels, chromis are a good and hardy starter fish but watch out for the damsels as they will become aggressive and make it hard to add other stuff later.

read this for getting your tank cycled properly.

https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/index.php?threads/snakes-guide-to-cycling.391533/

rahamn

It had a couple of sponges ... just need to do lights first then can get everything started and again thanks