small active swimmers

lmforbis

I have a 55 gal reef tank and I am looking for fish that swim around. Currently I have a watchman gobi, a pajama cardinal (mostly nocturnal), and a small bicolor angel. The angel swims around a bit but mostly among the rocks, I really don't see it very much. I had 3 damsels who added a lot of colorful motion but they were too vicious to keep. Now there are no fish actively swimming in the tank. I'd like to add at least one preferably 2 or 3 small colorful active swimmers. Any suggestions?

bang guy

Most of the small active swimmers require frequent small feedings. This is a reason they don't do well in the hobby. Examples are Anthias, Redspot Cardinalfish, etc.

If sedentary small fish are an option they tend to thrive in a captive environment like Neon Gobies, Barnacle Blennies, Clown Gobies...

Bryce E

My small black and white clown never stops. Good choice for an active fish that's not going to ever hide much. Same thing with my green chromis. In the damsel family but not nearly as aggressive. But yeah I know what you mean. By barbershop goby and even my firefish goby hide all day long.

lmforbis

I don't mind small frequent feedings. I already have a watchman gobi. Would others of that body type that occupy the same space in the tank be a problem?

Bryce E

I added a firefish goby to mine and he hid with my babershop. Then I put a peppermint shrimp in and it hid with both of them.

Most of the small active swimmers require frequent small feedings. This is a reason they don't do well in the hobby. Examples are Anthias, Redspot Cardinalfish, etc.

If sedentary small fish are an option they tend to thrive in a captive environment like Neon Gobies, Barnacle Blennies, Clown Gobies...
I am planning to get an Anthias, how often that need to feed them

lmforbis

I was looking at a carpenters flasher wrasse. Anybody have any experience with them? I do have one one cleaner shrimp and 5 peppermint shrimps so I don't want anything that will harm them.