Rookie

headless

Bought a bio cube 29 2wks ago put 18lbs live rock,live sand,and nutri-sand water the guy in the pet store said it should cycle immediately so waited 3 days put in a doz.fish 3 crabs,and an invertebrate for the clowns. Needless to say crabs are eating very well still have 2 clowns, invertebrate 3 crabs and alot of algae growing. His exact words to me leave it alone for a month let it run its course . So very confused

headless

Took about10lbs of rock out all I have are 2 clowns a nemo for my daughter and a skunk clown. Invertebrate,3emerald crabs, added 3 coral frags for color this thing is getting way too $ if you know what I mean

jay0705

The rock would be fine. But wayyyyyy too many fish. I wouldn't add a doz to a 200 gal at one time. Let the tank go test your water and wait. Then wait some more

bang guy

guy in the pet store said it should cycle immediately so waited 3 days put in a doz.fish
If this guy said adding a dozen fish in 3 days is ok then never talk to this ... person again. Ever.

Those two Clownfish are usually not compatible either. In a year or so they will mature and the Skunk will kill the Ocellaris.

What is an "invertebrate for the clowns"?

Last edited:
If this guy said adding a dozen fish in 3 days is ok then never talk to this ... person again. Ever.

Those two Clownfish are usually not compatible either. In a year or so they will mature and the Skunk will kill the Ocellaris.

What is an "invertebrate for the clowns"?

I will talk to him and asking for refund.

Last edited by a moderator:

headless

Anemones btw was looking for low maintenance I guess I picked the wrong hobby love watching the fish and corals at night way too much work

Fish stores just want to sell you anything and everything. That includes fish... In a tank that size you can only have 2-3 small fish max. I think you need to read up and educate your self in the hobby and don't trust the people at the fish store.. That way you can make smart decision and not trust them

silverado61

Anemones btw was looking for low maintenance I guess I picked the wrong hobby love watching the fish and corals at night way too much work
Anemones need a larger established (aged) tank. How much actual research did you do before diving into this hobby? Besides listening to a salesman who really doesn't give a crap what happens once you leave the store.