White micro

headless

Just started a salt water tank a month ago all my fish have died except my skunk clown. My water has become cloudy and I am starting to see alot of microscopic white bugs or something attaching to the glass and my clown. I don't know what they are or if they're harmful to my tank or if some fish will get rid of them

pegasus

A picture of the bugs will help. If they're small white bugs that move, they're probably copepods, which are beneficial to a tank. As for the bugs on the clown fish, that's a different story. If they are white specks that look like grains of sand, it could be Ick. This will have to be treated. Cloudy water? How often do you change water, and how much at a time? What type of filtration do you have, and how often is it maintained? The more information you provide, the easier it'll be to offer advice. Thanks...

silverado61

What size tank and how many fish were there? Did you let your tank cycle before adding fish and how many did you add at one time? Did you quarantine your fish?

headless

29 bio cube had an ammonia spike guessing that killed the fish so removed some live rock them these little bugs showed up they look like little white spiders about the size of a grain of sand thinking too small to get caught by the filter

reefkeeperZ

the bugs are good (in 99.999% of cases) and normal in a new tank, there is usually a population spike shortly after starting a new tank. I don't understand why you removed rock?

flower

If your water is cloudy, the light is diminished in the tank, so the tiny critters that usually come out at night are out in the day time. As for cloudy water, is it green cloudy or white cloudy...do you run a skimmer?