Beginner tank need help and guidance

stxgb

I am starting out with a 37 gallon tall tank that i took some water from my brother and i am cleaning the water with a protein skimmer and a filter water until i get my pure white aragonite on Monday. There is also three pieces of live rock. Water has been cycling for a week now. What should i do next? What should i be looking for? Any help is appreciated

Last edited:

beaslbob

I would add macro algae a refugium balance out and stabilize operation.

But that's just my .02

Last edited:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
When the sand arrives, put it your in the tank, then arrange your rock keeping it good and wet, then add the water. Start feeding your live rock in order to keep it alive (bits of fish food every other day). When everything is in, then you will continue to feed your live rock and test your water until you are sure that all the water parameters are good. You may not really get much of a cycle with 100% live sand and the live rock.

stxgb

Well test reults came back that i was a little high in nitrates so i did a partial water change and added extra salt back in cause it was a little on the low side. Then yesterday i added my first fish and he has survived the night so things are looking good