Disease ID Please

jcasparro

I have been a Saltwater enthusiast for 30years, I have a fish only aquarium. I have been looking for a juvenile Clown Trigger for over a year, I was able to find on through local chain that carries saltwater fish. I have dealt with this chain for 20 years and have never had a issue, they were able to order one, it came in a yesterday, I picked it up today. When I arrived they had just cleaned the aquarium so it was very cloudy, the trigger still ate the food that was offered, I gave it a quick glance and took it home. After a 3 hour acclamation I put him in my tank and quickly noticed a tiny white spot on his rear fin, I can remember I had another CT years ago that had a spot like this on his fin, I didn't treat my tank and he eventually ridded himself of the pest, what are everyone's opinions on how I should address this, in the photo it looks circular, put it is actually elongated, thanks for your help, John

Attachments

jay0705

Thats intresting. I had a similar looking thing show up on the side of my fox one day. Disappeared the next day. I would just keep an eye on it for now.

pegasus

I agree with Jay. Not sure how large the juvenile CT is, but judging by the barnacles, I'm guessing around 2"-3". If so, the spot appears to be far too large to be ick. I'd just monitor it...