conclusively inconclusive

reefkeeperZ

2 days in the hospital running a gamut of tests, blood draws, echocardiograms, stress tests, it was all conclusively inconclusive.

They say my hearts not going to explode.

But they don't know the cause of the chest tightness or pain in my left arm, nor the headache that hasn't subsided for 5 days or the dizzy spells. they sent me home for now with instructions to return if it gets worse or doesn't improve by Monday for brain scans and more tests.

I think not knowing is worse than if I knew it was a bum ticker, at least that would have treatment options.

reefkeeperZ

I'd just be happy if the headache would go away. 600mg Tylenol just makes it fade back. Supposed to go to a frag swap tomorrow but I don't have the energy to stay out of bed for more than an hour at a time and thats only if I'm not doing anything.

pegasus

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. I thought I had most of the classic symptoms of a heart attack last year, and after a battery of the same tests, the Dr. said my heart is fine. My BP was through the roof, but I think the thought of having a heart attack at any moment triggered that. Within minutes of the Dr. telling me everything was fine, my BP dropped to normal. No more chest pain, no more dizziness, no more nausea... nothing. It was obviously my mind playing tricks on me.

I now give to the United Negro College Fund, because the mind is a terrible thing...

reefkeeperZ

yup so now they are hooking me up to a Holter monitor for my heart 24-7 for a while..... and having me undergo a omt therapy program to see if they can knock anything loose.... yipee

reefkeeperZ

yeah, beth day 12 or something like that, I've lost count. I still have a headache, left arm, shoulder, neck, chest and back pain, run out of breath walking up the stairs, and any activity makes the headache worse. I've had several tests with the cardiologist and we are doing more I get my heart monitor tomorrow. being on my feet more that 10 minutes is an exorcize in self torture.

beaslbob

I'd just be happy if the headache would go away. 600mg Tylenol just makes it fade back. Supposed to go to a frag swap tomorrow but I don't have the energy to stay out of bed for more than an hour at a time and thats only if I'm not doing anything.
Be careful. step daughter used Tylenol for cronic headaches and her liver/kidneys shut down.

beaslbob

I had what turned out to be an anaphyliphaticskeiskcxm,cx (oral type allergy LOL) but the slurred speech in the emergency room got me a cat scan and mri. then and ekg and eco cardiogram. they told me I don't have either a brain or heart.

reefkeeperZ

So you have HBP as well? Is that sudden or you have had it?
no my blood pressure is normally fine, at the hospital the other day it was 117/78. but he was trying to see if the BP med would help the headache

just went into an appointment, and my blood pressure spiked a bit to 145/77. Honestly I don't know what some one squishing your head, driving their thumbs into your temples and fingers into your eye sockets is supposed to do for a migraine, he also cracked my neck and now it feels like I have a strained muscle in my neck, but it sure as hell didn't make the headache any better. I dont know what OMT normally does but I feel like I just went to a witch doctor.

Edit: Everytime I move my head now my neck pops.

reefkeeperZ

Be careful. step daughter used Tylenol for cronic headaches and her liver/kidneys shut down.
Yeah, im not taking that much on a regular basis, thats what they gave me in the hospital. I'm only taking 500mg every 12 hours or so to knock the edge off the headache, as per drs orders.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Did you take a CAT scan of your head? Perhaps the problem is neuro not cardio.

reefkeeperZ

they have not done a cat scan yet. They were hoping the OMT therapy may kick something loose to avoid excess radiation to the brain. but its now 3:30 am I slept for a whole 4 hours before the headache woke me up i swear if they don't figure out something soon i'm going to lose my frikken mind.