Heater - a close call

My heater broke overnight, it drop from 78 to 69, all fish are okay, but I need to find out a good heater for 110g tank, any suggestion.

bang guy

A pair of 300 watt JBJ titanium heaters. They're pricey though.

The Won Brothers titanium would be a less expensive alternative. Again, a pair of them.

A pair of 300 watt JBJ titanium heaters. They're pricey though.

The Won Brothers titanium would be a less expensive alternative. Again, a pair of them.
I must do it wrong all alone, I only have 1 300-watt in the tank, since no one respond, I have ordered a 500- watt from SunSun hope that work.

bang guy

The problem with a single large heater is that if it fails "off" your tank water goes from 78 down to 69 overnight. If it fails "on" your tank water goes from 78 to 92 overnight.

"If it fails "on" your tank water goes from 78 to 92 overnight."

How cloud this happen? Or you are telling me that preset number is very flexible.

lmforbis

The heater goes on and off depending on the water temperature. It is possible for the thermostat in the heater to fail and get stuck in the on position. Even though the temperature is above the preset temperature, the heater stays on continuing to heat the tank because the thermostat is stuck on. That is why I prefer to use 2 smaller heaters. If one fails either on or off it is unlikely that the other one will fail at the same time. It slows down the process and gives me time to notice the problem.