New tank cycle - Should i use chemipure elite during the cycle?

FrankW

Should I use chemipure elite during my cycle or just do it naturally with my live rock and just my sponge filter? Also my tank is around 29 gallons. Chemipure elites 6.5oz is for 25 gallon tanks. Can I use one or do I need 2? Heres a pic of my setup. I have a sump build into the back with 2 baffels on each side. The pump is in the center (the pump is not installed in this pic). I built this tank and ready to start cycling this weekend. IM up for all suggestions. Iv been out of the game for about 5 years and forgot how I did my old JBJ 29 nano.
1.jpg

beaslbob

I think macro algaes in a refugium or an algae turf scrubber will be better than any chemical.

my .02

bang guy

Macro Algae growing during the cycle inhibits the growth of beneficial bacteria and creates an unstable start to a marine system.

my .02

I do agree with Jay...

FrankW

Thank you guys. Ya I would agree jay is right. I had one fish store try to sell me that and the other said what jay said. Then after cycle put the chemipure elite in. The other question is when do I put the uv sterilizer on? After the cycle right?