bicolor angel or coral beauty

drewissett

Originally Posted by fishfryer
i love all your input and have learned alot but sometimes your advise is wrong. first i have been doing reef for 1 year without problems. 2nd there is no reason not to have a dwarf hippo tang in a 55 gal and up. if i want a tang for 6month to 1-2 years until i feel that the hippo is too big who are you to say no... you people kill fish left and right on this form and trade whenever you break down a tank when you move. so who are you to tell anyone not to enjoy something for a limmited time verse not at all, especially when nothing is hurt

Why do you guys argue with people like this?!?! They will do whatever they want no matter what you tell them! How many times have I read a thread where some person wants to ask if a tang will fit in a 30 gallon aquarium? 37 people respond that it isn't a good idea, and one person says "I did it, and he's just fine!".... Whats going to happen? the person is going to stick one in his tank, because he heard what he wanted....
Why waste your time trying to tell them otherwise once they decide that they are going to do it?
:notsure:

fishfryer

thankyou all for your answers. i have waited to decide and if the store next week still has the coral beauty i will get him. :joy:

good alex

Originally Posted by drewissett
Why do you guys argue with people like this?!?! They will do whatever they want no matter what you tell them! How many times have I read a thread where some person wants to ask if a tang will fit in a 30 gallon aquarium? 37 people respond that it isn't a good idea, and one person says "I did it, and he's just fine!".... Whats going to happen? the person is going to stick one in his tank, because he heard what he wanted....
Why waste your time trying to tell them otherwise once they decide that they are going to do it?
:notsure:

I agree, very true

pontius

Originally Posted by hot883
No angel is reef safe is what I should have said.
angels have a propensity to not be reef safe, but individuals vary greatly and some species are more prone to being reef safe than others. I've had a coral beauty for 3 years that has never touched a coral. I've had 2 flame angels (still have one) and I have a herald's angel and none of them have ever touched corals. also at one time had an indian yellowtail angel and a bluespot angel and neither of those touched corals either.
while all dwarf angels are "add to reef with caution", not all of them are threats to corals if they're well fed. but yeah, the bicolor from what I've heard is not reef safe. and I've never had one of the large angels, but I've heard they aren't safe.

mace

Lets get off the Hippo and give advice on what angel to put in there.
They both look good. But if you are going to go reef then I would stay away from them.