Built In Overflow question

ofalegend

Progress continues. Painted the tank frame black with Krylon paint (this is only the second coat I think)...

ofalegend

Added the partitions and installed the 20 gallon long sump (test tap water here). My only regret: glass was bought at Lowes so its way too thin. Wish I had went with thicker glass, I'll just have to be careful during maintenance. Left section is the primary drain, Super Reef Octopus XP1000SSS will be there (supposed to be here Tuesday, yay!) Middle section is return (definitely need a Mag5 or better pump here), left side is/will be a refugium. Going to try for 80% flow through the skimmer section and 20% through the refugium (with macro algae, live rock rubble and sand). The egg crate in the picture is standing behind the sump, not in it:

ofalegend

Very rudimentary and basic PVC stand to aquascape live rock: 10lbs of dead rock and 45lbs of live rock currently, 20 more lbs of dry rock due in Tuesday:

ofalegend

Saltwater is in the tank, cycle complete (cured the 45lbs of Live Rock in a tub before adding to the DT, then used the cocktail shrimp method to finish the cycle):

deejeff442

getting at it i see.is that pipe going to be showing?most people just stack our rock.first time i have seen that.
the sump looks nice

ofalegend

Oh, no, I plan on covering the rest of it. I have 10lbs each of Fiji, Pukani and Tonga Branch dry rock coming in Tuesday, so the rest of the frame will be covered soon. The rock is zip tied to the frame for stability.
For the next year or so (until the tank gets well established for corals) I'm going to be using an old light I had from previous (4x 55w Power Compact) with new bulbs. I know this won't be sufficient for many corals, but do you all think it will work for mushrooms and zoanthids?

acrylic51

Not to sure on the longevity of the zip ties.....Had you considered using fiberglass rod to pin your rock structures together? I think over time the UV from your lights might degrade the zip ties....JMO.