We've moved to new platform. Passwords set before 24th July, 2014 will not work. Please reset your password, follow this link if help needed.
  1. Hello! We noticed you are not a member of the Saltwaterfish Forum Family yet. Sign up now, and you will receive instant savings and freebies on your Saltwaterfish.com purchases. To the right is the link to 'Sign Up Now!'. We hope to meet you soon!

carpet anemone in nano cube

Discussion in 'Clownfish & Anemones' started by catfishcity, Nov 15, 2008.

1. catfishcity

catfishcity New Member

is it possible to put a carpet anemone in a 24 g JBJ nano cube deluxe and have it survive. cause i dont know how much light they need.
  2. meowzer

meowzer Moderator Staff Member

NO, carpet anemones need much bigger tanks
  3. meowzer

meowzer Moderator Staff Member

As a matter of fact, if you look up carpets on this site they list a minimum tank size of 150g
  4. wangotango

wangotango New Member

+2. Carpets get big and mean. They also require more lighting than a BTA would.
    -Justin
  5. catfishcity

catfishcity New Member

k thanks for the info.
  6. demartini

demartini New Member

you can keep a mini carpet anemone like this one =)
  7. catfishcity

catfishcity New Member

thanks demartini, that one is really cool. is there any other types of anemones that i could keep in the nano cube cause i know that most need really powerful light.
  8. bang guy

bang guy Administrator Staff Member

Originally Posted by DeMartini

you can keep a mini carpet anemone like this one =)
    I agree, Stichodactyla tapetum is a Carpet Anemone suitable for Nano tanks.
  9. catfishcity

catfishcity New Member

yea i will have to look that up
  10. 1990jpyj

1990jpyj New Member

is there any other type tat works well in like a 20g. my GF wants one for her clowns. so that they host in it someday(hopfully). sorry if i stole this thread
  11. catfishcity

catfishcity New Member

no i dont mind cause i am wondering the same thing cause i dont know if my nano cube has enough watts to house a anemone.
  12. demartini

demartini New Member

Originally Posted by 1990jpyj

is there any other type tat works well in like a 20g. my GF wants one for her clowns. so that they host in it someday(hopfully). sorry if i stole this thread
    The clowns will choose really anything to swim in. Clowns are just as likely to host a frogspawn as an anemone... Mine looooove frogspawn!
    if you really have your heart set on an anemone and your lights are good enough then you can try a bubble tip anemone.
  13. rod buehle

rod buehle New Member

Thats a nice S. tapetum DeMartini, and good advice!
  14. perfectdark

perfectdark New Member

Yea and I wish I could find one!!! They are impossible to find...