We've moved to new platform. Passwords set before 24th July, 2014 will not work. Please reset your password, follow this link if help needed.
  1. We know there are a ton of you who keep coral in your tank! Enter a picture for your chance to win a $20 Gift Certificate for your next Saltwaterfish.com purchase. Post your picture in the Photography Forum now! *CONTEST ENDS MONDAY AT MIDNIGHT EST*

Clownfish + anemone + sexy shrimp?

Discussion in 'Clownfish & Anemones' started by sac10918, Jan 17, 2008.

1. sac10918

sac10918 New Member

Will a clownfish share his anemone with sexy shrimp? I have read that these shrimp prefer to be in the anemone, but I was wondering if the clown would even let them have the chance?
  2. bronco300

bronco300 New Member

i doubt the clown would let the sexy into the anemone.....i have had them in the same tank so its not a problem to my knowledge, i never had an anemone at the time either...my sexy shrimp stayed with the pulsing xenia.
  3. sac10918

sac10918 New Member

So it is likely that the shrimp will find something else to "host"?
    How do you like the sexy shrimp? I have always wanted some, but am afraid they will dissappear quickly...
  4. bronco300

bronco300 New Member

i loved mine that i had....he was the coolest little guy to watch, although sometimes i couldnt find him being so small, but he was very cool
  5. perfectdark

perfectdark New Member

Originally Posted by sac10918
    So it is likely that the shrimp will find something else to "host"?
    How do you like the sexy shrimp? I have always wanted some, but am afraid they will dissappear quickly...
    I have had several, last one I had I gave to renogaw because my cleaner wouldnt leave it alone. But it hosted every thing, xenia, hammer, shrooms... and my BTA. But I agree if you have a clown hosting I doubt it will let the shrimp near the anemone.
  6. sac10918

sac10918 New Member

Do you think I would be a okay getting a few (like 4 or 5) sexy shrimp for my 24 gallon? I don't have any other shrimps, just hermits and snails...
    I also don't have much for them to host just yet, I am trying to get my nitrates lower....I would obviously wait to get them until the nitrates are safer (they are at 25 now)
  7. perfectdark

perfectdark New Member

The only issue I can see is if they all decide to host the same thing. Especially an anemone, this could cause stress to the anem, make it try to move around, or stay closed. As far as corals are concerned I would say the same for them as far as staying closed and just irritating them. But, then again it may not be an issue at all.
  8. sac10918

sac10918 New Member

Do I need to worry about the flow of the tank, or them getting sucked up into pumps or overflow?
  9. perfectdark

perfectdark New Member

Originally Posted by sac10918
    Do I need to worry about the flow of the tank, or them getting sucked up into pumps or overflow?

If they are healthy... No that shouldnt be an issue.
  10. sac10918

sac10918 New Member

Thanks perfectdark!