We've moved to new platform. Passwords set before 24th July, 2014 will not work. Please reset your password, follow this link if help needed.
  1. Hello! We noticed you are not a member of the Saltwaterfish Forum Family yet. Sign up now, and you will receive instant savings and freebies on your Saltwaterfish.com purchases. To the right is the link to 'Sign Up Now!'. We hope to meet you soon!

clownfish disease?

Discussion in 'Fish Disease & Treatment' started by flamesofifreet, May 24, 2007.

1. flamesofifreet

flamesofifreet New Member

Can somebody tell me more about it? I went to one of my LFS yesterday and was talking to the employee. I showed him a picture of my now dead porc and told him how after that all my puff's died but no other fish is affected by this disease. He told me it was Clownfish disease and he told me a few ways to treat the tank but all of them mean I have to take the fish out and put them in a seperate tank. I have no problem doing that but I'd want to medicate them too incase they have the disease so what is the best medicine to treat the fish with?
    Sorry that I rambled a bit.
  2. beth

beth Administrator Staff Member

The disease is brooklynella, caused by a parasite. It is usually just seen in clownfish, but in a community tank, it is possible for other fish to contract it. There are some pictures examples of the disease in the Diseased Fish thread at the top of this forum.
  3. viper_930

viper_930 New Member