We've moved to new platform. Passwords set before 24th July, 2014 will not work. Please reset your password, follow this link if help needed.
  1. **Extended through Friday** Enter a picture of the coral in your aquarium for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate for your next Saltwaterfish.com purchase!!

"Cobwebs" in my tank...

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by saywuh17, Oct 7, 2009.

1. saywuh17

saywuh17 New Member

Every time i clean my tank of do anything with it these "coebs" seem to sprout out of no where? they are not attractive, and they are just being a pain in my a**. Please if you know what they are, tell me and i'm going to continue to make a lot of water changes even though it doesn't seem to be helping... (and yes, my parameters are all good)
    thanks,
    Sarah
  2. chaseter

chaseter New Member

I believe that they are from coral and other inverts like anemones. They release stringy stuff that is very sticky when they grow or are trying to clean themselves. It also could be coral or invert waste.
  3. teen

teen New Member

this happens a lot if you have leathers in the tank. if it is indeed the leathers doing it, try putting some more flow over them and that should clear it up.
  4. saywuh17

saywuh17 New Member

thanks for the suggestions!
  5. meowzer

meowzer Moderator Staff Member